Thursday, August 13, 2009

12th August Fitzroy Crossing-Windjana Gorge



We were booked on a cruise down Geike Gorge at 8:30am so we all made our way out to that. Once on the boat it was very hot and there was no shade on the boat. The scenery was fabulous and there was a lot of croc's on the side of the banks. Once again a great tour organized.
I had to have a visit to the local hospital in Fitzroy Crossing as I have been battling a kidney infection and have had a pain in my back for a few days. So they were very good and gave me some antibiotics so hopefully I will be ok now.






Chris and Mary had to leave us and go into Derby to get there fridge fixed as it stopped working the day before.
We set off the Tunnel Creek which was the most amazing thing to see. We all walked through and out to the other side.









Next on the list was Windjana Gorge where we stayed for the night. I got dinner early but Paul and Ian decided to disappear for awhile and now one new where they were. When they came back they had been watching a show put on by the tour bus that had pulled into camp and the cook was going
to wrestle the croc's in the water with a knife.
Had an early tea this time in the light of the day which was great.
The shackle went to me tonight for leaving keys and phone in the camper when we folded all up and packed it away.











No comments:

Post a Comment